Thursday, January 6, 2011

Post One Hundred and Six: My little friend, Bastard.



The mortuary had a visitor today.

I was preparing to dress a little old man and whilst fumbling in a plastic bag for his undies and socks I came across a foreign being. A little gecko had made it through the security doors and cool room and into the peace and tranquility of hotel le death.

I'm guessing he came from the dead guys home, where his loved one had packed his things. I don't know how often lizards hang out in plastic bags but this guy was my most welcome visitor. Maybe he was a family pet, or a spirit in a reptilian body watching over the corpse. Who knows. Anything is possible when death is involved (apart from life?).

Anyway, I named him Bastard. I set him free.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment